Thursday, March 11, 2010

Passive Income - A Slow Start

Just the other day I made over a dollar in one day with my bank of eHow articles. I was happy because I thought it was growing consistently. My articles are all in their very early stages, so I can't expect much, but yesterday when I only made 10 cents, I got discouraged. All this hard work for 10 cents? I had to kick myself, and realize that it takes time to generate a consistent, steady flow of passive income. My eHow article bank is up to 142 now, and I still have more work. WriterGig says if you are writing decent articles you should average $3 per article per month. An article takes 3-6 months to mature, so I wont know if that average is true for at least 3 months, possibly 6. If I didn't touch my articles from now until September, and I was making at least $350 a month on average, I would be happy with this. My goal is to be making $500 per month by the end of the year. This means I need 500/3, or 167 articles by the end of June. If I get to 167 by the end of June, and allow 6 months for my articles to mature to a $3 per article per month average, I should have an average of $500 per month. If anyone else has insight into this, or can show that they have already done something similar to this, let me know! I'm looking for feedback, and information so everyone can help themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment